Throw sets of numbered dice. Practice saying the smallest number and the largest number.
Choose a number game from this website.
Don't know a word in Maths?
The animated glossaries and dictionaries will help you understand. Try the games to see how the language works, as well as practice reading. Listen to Brainpop videos to hear how the language works (username isppel, password cambodia11). You can add closed captioning so you can read along with the video and stop if you need to check the meaning. Make a list of Maths words you hear.
A good way to practise the different terms is to throw sets of numbered dice and practise saying the operation in different ways:
- How much does 2 and 2 make?
- If you add 2 and 2, how much do you get?
- What is the sum of 2 and 2?
- What is the total of 2 and 2?
- How much is 2 and 2 altogether?
- If you subtract 3 from 5, how much does that leave?
- What is the difference between 5 and 3?
Play this game and discover how the different Maths symbols are expressed in words. Try to find the Maths words in the word problems at the start of the games. Make a list.
LearningPlanet.com Monster Crossing